Duties of the Treasurer
The treasurer is reponsilble to the board of drectors and submits such budget and reports as
required to satisfy the clubs financial needs. The Public (Activity) Fund is all funds raised from
the public. These funds must be returned to public use, including money accumulated from
invested public funds or interest on such public accounts. The only deductions that may be
made from the activity fund are the direct operating expenses of the fund raising activities.
The Administrative Fund provides for the club operations. This fund is supported through
contributions from members through dues, fines and other individual payments or fees.
The duties of the Treasurer are as follows:
- The treasurer shall receive all monies, from the secretary or otherwise, and
deposit the same in a bank or banks recommended by the finance
committee and approved by the board of directors.
- The treasurer shall pay out monies in payment of club obligations only on
authority given by the board of directors.
- The treasurer shall have custody and keep and maintain general records of
club receipts and disbursements.
- The treasurer shall prepare and submit monthly and semi-annual financial
reports to the board of directors of the club.
- The treasurer shall give bond for the faithful discharge of his/her office in such
sum and with such surety as determined by the board of directors.
- The treasurer shall deliver, in a timely manner, at the conclusion of his/her term
` in office, the financial accounts, funds and records of the club to his/her
successor in office.