Duties of the Treasurer
The Administrative Funds are supported through contributions from members through dues,
fines and other individual contributions. The Activity Fund for the Breakfast Lions
Club, Inc. is a separately incorporated 501c(3) organization.
The duties of the Treasurer are as follows:
- Receive all monies, from the secretary or otherwise, and
deposit the same in a bank or banks recommended by the finance
committee and approved by the board of directors.
- Arrange for issuance, in cooperation with the secretary, quarterly statements
to each member for dues and other financial obligations owed to this club
and report payments to the Board of Directors.
- Pay out monies in payment of club obligations only on
authority given by the board of directors.
- Have custody and keep and maintain general records of
club receipts and disbursements.
- Prepare and submit monthly and semi-annual financial
reports to the board of directors of the club.
- Give bond for the faithful discharge of his/her office in such
sum and with such surety as determined by the board of directors.
- Deliver, in a timely manner, at the conclusion of his/her term
` in office, the financial accounts, funds and records of the club to his/her
successor in office.
- Serve as chairperson for the finance committee.