Duties of the Secretary
The duties of the secretary are as follows:
- The secretary shall submit regular monthly and other reports to the international office
of the association on forms provided by the international headquarters
containing such information as may be called for by the board of directors of
- The secretary shall submit to the district governor's cabinet such reports as it may require
including copies of regular membership and activities reports.
- The secretary shall cooperate with and be an active member of the district governors
committee of the zone in which the club is located.
- The secretary shall have custody and keep and maintain general records of the club,
including records of minutes of club and board meetings; attendance; committee
appointments; elections; member information, addresses and telephone
numbers of members; and member club accounts.
- The secretary shall arrange for issuance, in cooperation with the treasurer, quarterly or
semi-annual statements to each member for dues and other financial obligations
owed to the club, collect and turn the same over to the club treasurer and obtain
- The secretary shall give bond for the faithful discharge of his/her office in such sum and
with such surety as determined by the board of directors.
- The secretary shall deliver, in a timely manner, at the conclusion of his/her term of office,
the general records of the club to his/her successor in office.