Membership Chairman and Committee
The Membership Chairperson shall be the chairperson of the membership committee and
shall serve as a voting member of the club's board of director. With approval of
the board of directors, this position can be held by co-chairs, both being voting
members of the board. The membership chairs shall assist the club with membership
growth through membership satisfaction and membership recruitment. The
responsibilities of this position shall be:
- Create a plan for the club membership growth. Present the plan to the club's
board of directors for approval and support.
- Understand the different membership types and programs offered by LCI.
- Create a plan for the membeship satisfaction and present it to the club's board
of directors for approval and support.
- Understand and incorporate membership satisfaction programs into membership
- Encourage the recruitment of new members and promote award programs to
the club members
- Form a membership committtee and work with it throughout the term.
- Ensure new members receive New Member Orientation and particpate in the
Lions Mentoring Program.
- Serve as a member of the zone level membership committee.
- Submit Membership Chairperson Recruiting Reports and the Club Membership
Satisfaction Report to the club officers once per month.
- Coordinate with other club committees to fulfill position responsibilities.
- Assist club officers in organizing a Club Quality Initiative workshop to
examine your community's needs, assess your current membership
satisfaction and develop action plans.
- Conduct exit surveys with members who leave the club.
The membership committee shall be composed of the membership chairperson and
may be structured in a way to best fit the club. The membership committee
should include last years membership chairperson and a vice membership
chairperson to provide continuity of membership policy year to year.
Members should also be selected based on their interest in recruitment and in
member satisfaction. The function of the committee is to encourage recruitment
of new members and to support and carry out the member satisfaction and
membership growth plans of the Director.