Additional Duties of the Club First Vice-President
- Conduct an annual club quality assessment and collaborate with the club
officers, specifically members of the club's Global Action Team and other
committee chairpersons during his/her term as first vice-president to
develop a plan for membership growth, community engagement and the
fulfillment of humanitarian services to be presented and approved by
the board of directors during his/her term as president.
- Serve as a key member of the Club's Global Action Team as he club Leadership
Chairperson and along with other members of the leadership committee:
- Ensure new members are provided an effective members orientation so
new members understand how the club operates within its district,
multiple district and Lions Clubs International, with support
of the Club Membership Chairperson.
- Ensure current and/or incoming club officers attend training, offered
by the district and/or via the Lions Learning Center (LLC).
- Communicate to the District Global Leadership Coordinator the need
for training, the names of potential new leaders and the
leadership development activities that the club members attend.
- Identify potential leaders and encourage their development as future
- Encourage members to participate in leadership training offered
by the district, multiple district and Lions Clubs International.
- Take a key role in membership retention and ensure organizational excellence
by measuring member satisfaction and utilizing feedback to improve
- Understand the club's role in District activities and events.
- Network with the officers of other clubs to gain ideas that may be applied to
- Gain in-depth knowledge of district, multiple district initiatives that support
leadership develoment, membership growth and the expansion of humanitarian
- Be an active member of the district governor's advisory committee of the
zone in which this club is located.